Sunday, September 14, 2008

Alpine Weekend: Linderhof and Oberammergau

On Sunday we drove to Schloss Linderhof. The grounds were really beautiful. Unfortunately, we were there on a rainy day. Of course that didn't matter on the inside. After our tour, we headed back to our hotel, where we all napped and just took it easy.

In front of the Linderhof
This is the view King Ludwig had out his bedroom window, I believe. (without my lovely family)
On Monday, the kids spent the day in the CDC, while Allen and I traveled to Oberammergau and walked around, enjoying the day. I had a hard time leaving Christopher all day, and felt panicky toward the end of the day about getting my baby. It was a nice day walking around with my just my husband for a change, though.
Building in Oberammergau
Letting you know that you are in farm country-the cows were walking down the streets heading home for the day.
My big boy at dinner. Of course, he was fine without me for the day. It's always nice to have other people tell you how great your kid is, too, even when you know that you don't really get the credit.

Pretty views by the resort.

Trying to get a good picture of the kids together.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved the CDC there. Liv still talks about it. Glad you had time with your DH!

Katie said...

I would have been panicky about the CDC, but I bet in the end it was nice to be kid free for a while. I love the pic of the kids together. They are both so cute!

Lysandra said...

I have been to schoss linderhoff. Did you go in the grotto?

Angie said...

No, we didn't make it to the grotto. With rain and cranky kids, we decided to go back to the hotel instead.