Sunday, October 28, 2007

The time change got me again

I had NO IDEA that we were supposed to fall back today. None. I was so late to church this morning. By the time I took Ashlyn to the nursery and hurried over to the chapel, I was 20 minutes late for the service. Or 40 minutes early, apparently. And, yes, I did do this last year, too.

The big problem with this year is the timing of our service (and the fact that I am pregnant and HUNGRY.) By the time church started, my stomach thought it was noon. I ended up leaving before the service was over, because I was starting to feel ill. As soon as Ashlyn saw me, she started asking for food, too. (I'm not sure why they didn't feed her, as they usually feed them during services.)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Matt had to call his boss to tell him to "fall back." I asked Matt if this guy is able to tie his shoes? I digress...

The time change has thrown us off too. Lila was a wreck.

And, oh, how I don't miss pregnancy hunger. I remember running down the stairs in the morning (as fast as my pregnant self could run) in order to put something in my mouth, even if it was a teaspoon of sugar, so I wouldn't puke. Hated that kind of make-me-ill, kill someone if I don't get food, kind of hunger!

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

THANK YOU!!! I SO forgot about the time change. I now have an extra hour. Thank goodness. I can clean the house and study. I was freakin that I wouldn't be able to run the vacuum. You know how I am...
Loved your OCD comment. :)

Miss you.

Your post made me think of when you were pregnant with Ash at New Hope. Good Times. I think we both forgot the time changes there as well. :)

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Damn, we don't change until next week. Saving energy you know.
I guess I am not getting that extra hour after all.

Anonymous said...

I was briefly confused too. I had to check my cell phone to make sure that there wasn't a time change that I wasn't aware of.
Kellie

Katie said...

Next week for us on the time change....I am dreading it being dark early (wait...I'm not in Alaska anymore, what am I talking about?)

Anonymous said...

Ok, we had a crazy time change morning as well. Garland and I were both up, my shower was done, he was in the shower (7am, getting ready for church) and he says to me, I think the time changes today. I run out to the kitchen, check my calendar, sure enough, it says on there, Daylight Savings Time Ends. So, I go back and tell him. Damn, we could've slept an extra hour! Oh well, at least we didn't wake up the boys yet. So, we enjoy a quiet hour before we wake up the boys, then get to church "on time". Well, turns out, my calendar was printed BEFORE they changed the "time change day", so we were late! Actually missed the whole service. We made it to Sunday school though! :) Ahh...the joys!