Friday, June 17, 2011

Last day of school and "Celebration of Learning"

Just like the first day of school, we took a photo on the porch on  the last day of school. Unlike the first day, Ashlyn was not at all excited.  She was very sad about leaving Kindergarten. She didn't want to leave her teacher or friends for the summer. We've been working on getting her excited about first grade next year. She is happy now to be home, playing with her brother and having me home, too.

A couple of weeks before the end of school, the Kindergarten had a "Celebration of Learning," centered around Eric Carle.
First the students acted out The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Ashlyn was 5 oranges. 
Next, the students told the story of The Very Hungry Kindergartener. They went through each month of school, talking about all that they had learned. 

I was able to be there this time!


Ashlyn and Georgia
The table decorations..



On a sort of related note, I have missed blogging. I was looking back at something on my blog and liked seeing the photos of my kids all together, with me writing about their silly things. I tend to just write some silly things on Facebook now, but it just isn't the same. I'm making no promises, but I do hope to blog more frequently now. We'll see. 

3 comments:

Myrtle said...

Such a great kid. Sure she will love first grade.

Harrisonjoy said...

I love the picture of you and Ashlyn!!

Natalie said...

I can't believe how big our kids are getting. First grade! Yikes! I'm very nervous about next year b/c we gave Liv the choice to go to American first grade or German Class 1. She choose German school. Holly Dunn did it with Daniel and it went really well. So, I'm encouraged - but, a bit nervous, nonetheless. I am pleased, however, that her day, b/c of where we live, won't begin at 0720 and end at 1600 (if she went to American school and took bus). A six-year-old with a day that long? Yeah, I don't think so. I'd have to bring her and pick her up - not so fun with Lila in one school, Liv in another and a new baby.

Hope Ashlyn has a great summer and embraces first grade as well as she did kindergarten!