Sunday, November 01, 2009

Recipes

My favorite fall recipes:

Pumpkin soup I recommend more than 4 cups of pumpkin puree, though. And, I used allspice rather than cardamom, because that's what I had.

Pumpkin muffins These are actually chocolate pumpkin, but are good without the chocolate chips as well. I made them for Ashlyn's preschool without the chocolate chips, but frosted with cream cheese frosting, so not healthier. I recommend less than half a bag of chips or they overwhelm the pumpkin.

Apple Pie You MUST make this apple pie. I love it, and I don't like apple pie.

Molasses cookies I've actually never tried this one, but I'm making it this week. It looks fairly similar (or better) to the one I usually make, which is from Better Homes and Garden cookbook 1997ish version. Ginger snaps or ginger crinkles. I'd just type it out, but I don't have that cookbook with me.

oops, almost forgot
Pecan Bars Again, I don't have my recipe with me, but these look pretty similar.

Now I want to go cook or bake. Perhaps we will have pumpkin soup with molasses cookies for dessert.

4 comments:

The Dunns said...

Yum! I'm so hungry now. That apple pie looks so much like apple crisp (which I love) except for the pecans and caramel, which is inspired! I need to go shopping! Wait, I'm supposed to be packing and using up all the food in my house. No more shopping. Thanks a lot, Angie!

Natalie said...

I must make apple pie! Thanks for posting the recipes. The pumpkin/squash soup I made recently looks similar to that one. YUMMY.

Happy cooking! I love Fall baking season!

Jessica Bell said...

LOVED the pumpkin muffins, thanks for posting.

Fuzzy, aka Kim said...

Sundry! Pioneer Woman! We must read in similar places.

Thanks for the recipes!