Saturday, April 05, 2008

Yum!

Making hard boiled eggs is easy, right? I mean all you have to do is boil water.

Right after Easter, I decided that just eating the leftover eggs was not going to cut it. There were too many, so I decided I would make tuna salad. Since then, I've had a craving for tuna salad. So, I was making some for lunch and put on three eggs to boil. I then went into the living room to finish folding laundry. Christopher woke up right as I finished, so I went upstairs to change him. As I finished putting on his clothes, I smelled something burning. I ran downstairs to see this in my kitchen:

Apparently, when you leave eggs in the pan to boil past the point when there is actually still water in there, they get a bit overdone. One of them somehow busted out of the pan (with the lid on) and half of it was all over the place. My house now smells of burnt eggs and tuna.

4 comments:

Katie said...

OMG! That is CRAZY!!! I bet it smells nasty!

Anonymous said...

Just the thought of burnt eggs and tuna makes my stomach upset. Yuck!

Unknown said...

I was glad to see nothing caught on fire. But the clean up must have sucked. I hate cleaning up after cooking disasters!!!

sara said...

Eeewwww! Exploding eggs!