Tuesday, June 05, 2007

#2

Nope, this is not another installment of the Poop Chronicles, though I am hoping that will happen in the next 7 months. Because, Ashlyn is going to be a big sister!

Yep, we're having another baby. Much to our surprise, this can happen without lots of planning. Ashlyn was PLANNED, as in taking temperatures, charting daily, ovulation predictors, blood tests, fertility drugs, lots of crying and we'renevergoingtobeabletohaveababybeforeyoudeploy freak-outs. I knew what Ashlyn's approximate due date would be before she was ever conceived. We had a deadline. But this time, though we wanted to have a baby, we are not planning around a deployment, so it was less stressful and a bit of a surprise. So, this baby is due to join our family on January 11th. I have so much to do before then!

We had our first doctor's appointment on Friday. It is always reassuring to actually SEE the baby, which really just looks like a blob at this point, but has a little flicker of a heartbeat.
I'd heard that you show sooner with your second baby, and it is definitely true for me. I already have a bit of a belly. Look for belly shots in the future.

15 comments:

Harrisonjoy said...

Looks to be only ONE baby there....and it looks just like ALLEN!! tee hee

Only a mother would say such a thing, I guess...

I'm EXCITED....and hope that you're getting some rest, Angie....you'll need it!

CONGRATULATIONS, Allen, Angie, & Ashlyn!

Cherie said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations.!!! I'm so happy for you.

Katie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for y'all! I will be reading with much interest as we ponder when we should think about number 2.

How are you feeling??

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! The object in the sonogram looks like a key chain bobble...! I'm surprized that this news did not come sooner - like before you left Alaska (and a few days after Allen got home...!).
LOL! Love Bob/Dad/Pawpaw

Kim said...

WAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOO!

Congratulations, Angie and Allen and Ashlyn!! (Hmm-- will this baby have another A name?)

Fabulous news. Welcome to the club!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. I was wanting to ask you -but, I never have the guts to ask questions like that! Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

OH, my goodness. Congratulations, you gorgeous family! Kelly and I were just talking for the first time last night about whether to tackle IVF again now that Beth's getting bigger. Much to think about. And I'm so happy for you!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

Angie,
We are soooo excited for you!!! I hope you are feeling okay. Take care and keep us posted on how you are doing.

We miss you guys!!

Love,
Andrea

Anonymous said...

We sure are looking forward to lucky number 7!!!

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

YEE HAW!! Sending more smiles and congrats your way!! We are so happy, and excited, for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love to you all...even Ranger Danger and Armund (sp?)! :)

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!! YAYYYY!! I'm so excited for you guys! Another January baby, a special month! :)

Congratulations you guys, that is awesome news!

Much love,
Heather

Lysandra said...

OMG!!! Congratulations! I love having babies and being pregnant! What a freak I am! I am so jealous! I am also very very very happy for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Yippeee!!!!! That is fantastic news! We are so excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, we are so happy for you. Hope everything goes smoothly, All our love

Harrisonjoy said...

Okay....where are the next bunch of pictures?!

Angie...hope you are not starting to get sick...I guess that's next!

Kiss Ashlyn for me....