Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Saturday Night


Ok, think back to the friend who sent me the Top Ten from the earlier post. Michelle is a very positive, high energy person. Tonight she organized "Prom at the Pumphouse." We were supposed to have a battalion formal later in the month. Since we won't be doing that without the guys, Michelle decided we should have a girls' night this weekend, when most of our husbands would have been coming home. She organized childcare through a group at her church, had a photographer come, and we all had dinner at the Pumphouse Restaurant in formals. I wasn't sure if this was going to be sad or fun. We ended up having a good time, though my idea would have been something more like, "hey the guys aren't coming home, forget the dress and shaving your legs. Wear jeans and let's have a girls' night."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah Michelle - what a wonderful idea and great job in organizing. And as far as the legs...the guys have been gone almost a year - I think it's about time!

Anonymous said...

I second the jeans and sweat shirts but I bet it was nice to go out for a change.

Katie said...

I think that's a great idea!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!