Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Reflections

2009 was a year of transition, and a year of the temporary.  From leaving Germany and the Army, to staying with my parents for a couple of months, to moving temporarily to California. Travel this year has been limited to exploring the SF area or visiting family and friends. Really, we've seen our family more this year than we have in many years, even with living in CA. Ashlyn started preschool and is currently replacing the German she knew for a bit of Spanish. This has also been a big year of quilting for me, my main activity behind taking care of children and cooking.

For next year, I am AGAIN looking forward to moving near family. I hope to return to teaching and have a YARD. I will always be working on my patience and want to be a better mom and wife.

My resolutions for the past two years were to put my photos in an online site and put all of my photos into photobooks. Semi-success on the photos online. I'm up through August. Total FAIL on the photobooks. I still want to do the photo books. Perhaps I should just be more realistic and say I would like to unpack this year (our belongings are almost entirely in storage.) Along with the unpacking, I would like to elminate much of the extra items that we obviously don't need.

2009 certainly did not turn out as I had expected, but I have high hopes for 2010.

8 comments:

The Capozzoli Clan said...

May 2010 bring you back to the south/midwest. I, too, need to do something about the photos, but just don't seem to have the time....or the time to file paperwork. Oh well....one day.

The Dunns said...

I am right there with you on
-moving (again),
-unpacking (finally),
-minimizing all the extra junk,
and DEFINITELY
-more patience. (Why is that so hard?)

What site do you use for online photo storage? Would you recommend it? I still have all our photos on our hard drive but that won't last long.

Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

I'm always working on my patience. It's on my list every year and probably always will be. Pictures are also on my list - my goal this year is only to back up my photos more often (it's been a LONG while) and have copies of my favorite ones made so I can frame. Also, it'd be nice to get our travels in Europe on a few photobooks. But, I said that last year and didn't do it. So, I'm not going to try to resolve it this year.

And JUNK! I hear you. We have too much stuff. I have a feeling Matt will be deployed in 2010 and when he leaves, I'm getting rid of stuff he won't let get rid of now. He'll be gone long enough not to really notice, I think!

I hope your move home works out this year!!!

Angie said...

Holly, I use shutterfly or snapfish. I think that I have more on snapfish, because their upload was faster. Both have nice prints.

Harrisonjoy said...

I love you, Angie. You will do EVERYTHING you want and need to do this year...and it will be GREAT!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I'm a little worried about you going back to work outside the home. I enjoy everything that you do for us now...provide pictures, update your blog, make beautiful quilts and delicious cooking! Hopefully you'll still have time for all that too!

Vicki

Angie said...

I think something will have to give, Vicki. Just being realistic. Maybe we can get one of those self-cleaning houses?!

Anonymous said...

I'd like one of those too!

Vicki