Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


  • We still have candy from Halloween. I think I need to start throwing it away.
  • I've been cooking and cleaning today like we are having company or something.
  • My favorite Thanksgiving foods are sweet potatoes and dressing. Five years ago, I liked neither of these things. I was missing out.
  • My favorite Thanksgiving dessert is Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie. Thank you, Kellie, for introducing me to this wonderfulness.
  • Last year I made Turkey Pot Pie with leftovers. So good. 
  • I was carded when buying bourbon yesterday. I guess I looked a bit startled, because then the lady acted like "everyone" looked young to her. After looking at my id, she looked a bit startled, and said "no wonder you were surprised that I asked for ID." Yes, I'm old. Thanks.
I am thankful for the above mentioned Thanksgiving foods, a clean(ish) house, kids who love books, and tree lined streets.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Matthaidess' said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Glad that you still remember and like the pecan pie -- I made one too! Yummy!

Harrisonjoy said...

I'm laughing at your experience at the liquor store..."the Lord giveth and the Lord takest away" comes to mind! How funny!

I am thankful for all the things you are thankful for...AND for YOU being such a creative mother to my grandchildren!

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Go new love of stuffing... me too.
Happy turkey day!