Monday, August 10, 2009

Speaking of Babysitters...

We had our babysitter last night. Everything was fine. Will there ever be a time when I won't be nervous with a babysitter?

I am glad that we had a new babysitter before today. After swimming lessons this morning, we played at the park and had lunch. While we were there, two small children (I'd guess 4-6 age range) were kind of playing a bit by themselves. A few other moms started noticing that the kids weren't with anyone. One started walking around looking for the adult that was with these children. Then, a mom asked one of the kids where his mom was. He told her that the babysitter had brought them to the park. Apparently the babysitter left and told them to stay there. The police had arrived by the time we went home.

10 comments:

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Oh MY GOODNESS! I CAN"T BELIEVE IT! That is crazy... Good thing you guys help them it could have been someone else.

Kim said...

My heart jumped at the thought of my two kiddos being left at the park alone by someone I'd trusted to care for them. I hope that babysitter gets arrested and charged. And his/her toenails pulled out. Good GRIEF.

Katie said...

omg! That is AWFUL!!! Scary stuff...

The Capozzoli Clan said...

This is just too scary to read about and am so thankful that that was not my children....at the same time, thank goodness the children did not go anywhere and that mommies were there to take care of the situation.

Jackson said...

Holy Crap! That is too scary.

Harrisonjoy said...

I can't EVEN imagine! I certainly hope that the sitter will be prosecuted.

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

so, any news on if the baby"sitter"? Was he/she charged with anything?

Angie said...

I didn't hear anything in the news. I so hope the babysitter was charged!

sara said...

Ohhh, that makes me so glad I have a good network of people to babysit! That is beyond scary!

Anonymous said...

good job Angie! Bob