Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Movies

Yes, I took a camera to the movies.
Last week I took Ashlyn to her first movie. (Well, technically this was Christopher's first movie and Ashlyn's second. Ashlyn was only 4 weeks old the first time, so this was the first time that she watched the movie.) I was so excited that there was actually a matinee of a little kid movie. I even woke up my child from a nap (the same one who had been on a nap strike) to go. We watched Veggietales' The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything. Ashlyn thought it was a bit scary. I thought it was a bit boring. I thought we might have to leave in the middle for a crying baby or a potty break, but we made it. Ashlyn actually sat and watched the whole movie. (She doesn't do this at home.)

Why I can't get anything done around here.

4 comments:

Harrisonjoy said...

Ooooh....Veggie Tales IS BORING!! Hopefully you can take her to see the new Dr. Seuss movie or something like Cinderella....though I know she has that one at home. I wish that I could take her!

Both kids are growing SO MUCH....but at least Ranger is looking the same!

Love to you all....

Anonymous said...

A movie. Cool. That's awesome she sat thru the whole thing. Too bad it was such a bad movie, though.

Anonymous said...

I adore the "why can't I get anything done around here" picture! We finally have internet on - not yet a phone - so will give a call soon and am hopeful you will answer and speak among the caos that is life. I would love to see some of Ashlyn's art work some time - looks like green was the flavor of the day. love to you and yours. christal

Andrea and Ben said...

I love the kids and the dog surrounding the laundry basket. That is so funny and direct to the source :0)