Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Critters 2!

Today, I found more critter poop and more evidence of "snacking." I took my car in today to have the oil changed and the marder repellent installed. I asked them to figure out how they were getting into the car. The mechanic didn't understand that they weren't just under the hood. He did tell me that there wasn't a way for them to get from the hood into the car. Though I've definitely had marders under the hood, inside the car I probably have these:


IN MY CAR!!!!!!

I don't know how these could have gotten in the car, either, but at least they are little, so I don't have some major hole somewhere.

I would have preferred the marder, because at least there is some type of repellent. I've been told that traps are what I need to get rid of the mice. Ugh. I've considered putting one or both of our pets in the car for the night and seeing if that eliminates the problem. For the time being, I will be driving Allen's car.

7 comments:

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

I can hear Ranger Danger howling all the way in Washington...

The Dunns said...

Ahh, they're so cute! Just think of them as a new pet for Ashlyn, one that you don't have to walk or feed or clean up after ... well there may be a little clean up ...

;)

Lysandra said...

HAHA! I haven't been blogging about it but I have had mice problems for about a week now! Yesterday we had an exterminator come out and I have trapped 2 mice on sticky traps. I trapped them within hours of setting the trap. It's just that time of year aparently. I talked to a ton of people and read a bunch too and they all say to trap them. Using pure peppermint oil (not peppermint extract) and cat nip (neptima?) will repel them. If you can kill them out or repel them they should forget where to go after a few generations!

Angie said...

Thank you, thank you Lysandra for telling me how to repel them. The people I asked her acted like I could only kill them. I already got one in the first evening of putting out traps, but I would prefer to keep them out, rather than kill. Thanks!

Harrisonjoy said...

Hey...if nothing else, the peppermint will smell GREAT...and maybe hide the smell of dead mice if you miss one! (just kidding, Angie...I'm speaking from experience because there have been dead mice in the walls in my office...geeeeez)

Anyway...peppermint WILL smell good...and remind you of Christmas and candy canes! (maybe)

:)

The Dunns said...

You could get a cat for your car. A nice big farm mouser. That would keep the mice and giant ferrets away. And Ranger would love it! ;)

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

hello...I am waiting for pictures of you and ashlyn!!