Saturday, September 09, 2006

We need a man


Who could resist her?

Apparently, Ashlyn loves a man in uniform! She has attached herself to different soldiers this week when we have been on post. Strangers mind you. I had only met one of them. Once. It started on Wednesday, when we were at the hospital. I was talking to someone, and Ashlyn walked into another office. So, this soldier brings her into me, and she doesn't want to come to me! She just clung to him. Then, today, we were in another building. She was walking down the hall and attached herself to another soldier. He leaned down and hugged her. He said that he really liked kids. That was good, because Ashlyn apparently needed a man hug. A few minutes later, she hurled herself at another soldier. She just needs her daddy. So do I.

Random sweet picture. (Hey, even if I'd had my camera with me, I think it would have been a little odd to take a picture of Ashlyn hugging random strangers, just to add a picture to the blog.)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

"We need a man?"

Just any man?

Anonymous said...

He won't have a uniform on but PawPaw will give her lots of "man hugs" while we're there. I'm sure he'll even have a few for you. Hopefully that will get everyone through until "deserted in the desert" can come home. I know it's not the same but hopefully it will help.

Anonymous said...

Will the daddy doll give hugs?

Angie said...

Well, Ashlyn is the only one of us hugging random strangers. We miss you.

Anonymous said...

loved the paintings!! maybe I can commission one?


Brad and I miss everyone, but we are so thankful to have each other for hugs and lovin.

Angie said...

Hey, you are already getting the quilt!

Anonymous said...

Excellent! We really do feel spoiled with all the baby gifts. We aren’t planning on sending any back though, don’t get me wrong! :P

Speaking of your paintings, we just had one framed that you made for us when you and Allen came to visit. The watercolor from Bargara beach. It looks really nice. I'll send a picture for you to see.

Oh, and Ashlyn, she needs to be in commercials or something with that amazing smile!

Angie said...

Thanks, Bradley!

Anonymous said...

"deserted in the desert" Thats at least one step up from "stuck in a S***hole!" I have heard about 2 "stand-ins" for deployed soldiers: blowup hubby and flat daddy. I don't know where to get or how to make a blowup hubby but I could make a flat daddy with a full size cutout of "in the desert" glued to foam board. Flat daddy could be fun! Love, Bob/Dad/Pawpaw

Angie said...

"blow up hubby" just sounds naughty to me. I don't think so. I am trying to get a full size picture of Allen in order to make a daddy doll, though.

Anonymous said...

If you'll e-mail to me the picture of Allen we have a plotter here that can produce the full size image.