Tuesday, September 19, 2006

At the Playground

Yesterday, Ashlyn and I met Laura and Bo at one of the playgrounds on post. It was a beautiful day! We are taking advantage of all the pretty days that we can.
Ashlyn is getting braver on the equipment, which is a little scary to me. At first, she would get to the top of a slide and wait for me. Then, she started wanting to go by herself, but she would look to make sure that I was right there. By the time we left, I had to run to the top of the equipment, because I was afraid that she was going to go down completely by herself. She had a great time, though. Our plan was to have dinner while at the playground, but Ashlyn was far too busy to eat. I think she had two chips, three bites of brownies, and a grape. What a dinner!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the slide pic - hope it's still that nice when we get there!

Anonymous said...

Yes, the slide pics are WONDERUL!!! I LOVE THEM. I'm so glad you suggested we go yesterday becuase I had such a great time. We need to do it again before it gets cold.

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Looks like fun. Wish I was there to push the little ones on the swing and of course, slide. Ashlyn would have to run fast to catch up with me.

One more thing- hte picture of you 2 is super cute.

Anonymous said...

I don't think Ashlyn would mind the cold at the playground - that's just a grown up thing. Of course I have to remember that cold in Fairbaks is not the same as cold here in Arkansas - by Arkansas standards it's been cold in Fairbanks for awhile already!

Angie said...

She would mind when the skin on her fingers became frozen to the metal of the playground.

Katie said...

The slide pic is just wonderful! I really really need to go take Becca to a playground. I never even thought of doing that!