Friday, August 25, 2006

New Shoes

Now that Ashlyn is absolutely a walker, the ground has been very wet, and winter is upon us, I felt like it was time to get her some regular shoes, as much as I like her little Robeez. I bought Nikes a few weeks ago, but they come untied all of the time and are annoying. So, yesterday, I bought Ashlyn two pairs of Mary Janes. She loves them! I think it is weird. She carried one pair of shoes around with her in the shoe store, while wearing the others. Then, she didn't want to let go of the new shoes to put them back in the box. This morning I told her we needed to put her shoes on, and she just immediately came and sat down, putting her foot out to help.

This picture is pre-poop, pre-scuff. And, of course, she has accessorized with bracelets.

After 21 rainy days, we had one dry day yesterday. Ashlyn and I went outside for a bit in the afternoon. Shortly after stepping off the deck, Ashlyn stepped into dog poo, in her new shoes. (There is nothing worse than poop on shoes. Yuck.) With all of the rain, we have a major mushroom explosion in the yard. I have no idea which ones are safe, so when Ashlyn started picking them up, I decided it was time to go in.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, she is acting like a young girl and wanting to please her Mommy (especially when you have something she wants to wear)! I remember when Hannah was about Ashlyn's age we took several outfits to her at her house. We all helped Hannah put on the 1st out fit, then while Vicki and Sharon and I were talking to each other Hannah started putting on more outfits all by herself. She had 3 pairs of pants on before we caught on to what she was doing!

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute! I LOVE the shoes and think it is so funny that she loves them, too. As for the poo - yuck! But then again, in a few weeks we will be complaining about poopcicles. I'm not sure which is worse? Soogy poo or knowing it is -50?

Katie said...

Holy COW. I swear, she is looking so grown up so SUDDENLY! It must be the transition to standing up that really does it! Cute shoes. I'm sad that Robeez and one piece outfits don't last longer!

Poopsicles!? GAH! That's hilarious.

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Katie is right. It is like all of the sudden Ashlyn has grown into this little girl.

Anonymous said...

I love the mary janes. They are too cute.

Anonymous said...

we want more! lets see some post-poop, post-scuff...love the bracelets!