Monday, April 24, 2006

April 10 - First Haircut




Before
Ashlyn was born with funny hair. I don't know if it started rubbing off in the womb or what, but she looked like she had some male-pattern baldness going. So, her hair has been varying stages of weird since then. She still has very short bits in the back, but had some long pieces that came down to her shoulders on the side. We were getting family pictures made on the 11th, so we decided that it was a good time for a haircut. After we checked into the Hale Koa (which is the military resort on Waikiki,) we went down for a haircut. While she was cutting it, I started freaking out that she was cutting off too much of my baby's hair and making her look like a boy. For the first couple of days, I kind of missed her crazy curls, but I'm glad that we had it cut. My one concern was that Ashlyn ended with little short dark hair all over her. My guess is that they used the same cloth to drape the guy who had the previous haircut. Gross!

After

Rangerbird! At home, Ranger takes care of anything Ashlyn drops on the floor. At the open air restaurants, birds were right by Ashlyn. She loved it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie - I love the haircut!

Katie said...

I agree! The haircut looks GREAT! She looks very feminine! She's beautiful.